Questions we thought you might ask....
Women Only - Why?
Fit and Healthy Journey retreats are designed by women for women and in particular to focus on today’s women challenges and help provide ways to help create a body and life they love. Although we would love to cater to both women and men for these retreats, currently we only provide for female guests.
What is included in retreat?
- Free airport transfer from Cork Airport
- 10 days/9 night luxury accommodation at Lakemound Cottage
- 1 night stay at Cork International Hotel
- Delicious gourmet meals and snacks created by in house chef
- Complete book of all recipes
- Cooking Demos and Wellness Talks
- Initial fitness assessment
- Group Fitness, Yoga, and Pilates instruction
- Daily excursion trips and fees to explore
- Experience the charm and beauty of Cork by private car with local tour guide
- 50 minute deep tissue massage
- Luxury gift bag with lots of goodies!
- Welcome organic cheese and wine party
What is not included
- Airfare to and from Cork Airport. (We can help coordinate that for you)
- Personal Travel Insurance (mandatory for retreat)
- Optional massage add on’s Reiki Sessions
- Additional personal training sessions
- Additional nutritional consultations
Reservation and Payment Policy
Reserve your spot by contacting us here, and let us know which retreat you would like to attend.
Retreat total cost is $3,295.00
To reserve your spot, contact us here and let us know which retreat you would like to attend.
- Once we have confirmed availability, we will hold your spot for three days until we receive your deposit of 30% of the total cost of the retreat.
- The remaining balance is due 90 days before the first day of the retreat.
- If you book less than 60 days before the trip, the full balance is due at the time of booking.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, and PayPal, or check in person.
Guest Cancellation Policy
- Cancelling 90 days or more before the retreat start date, 100% of your payment can be applied toward the cost of another Fit and Healthy Journey’s retreat.
- Cancelling 60 to 89 days before the retreat start date, 75% of your payment can be applied toward the cost of another Fit and Healthy Journey’s retreat. You forfeit 25% of your payment.
- Cancelling 31 to 59 days before the retreat start date, 50% of your payment can be applied toward the cost of another Fit and Healthy Journey’s retreat. You forfeit 50% of your payment.
- Cancelling 30 days or less before the retreat start date, 25% of your payment can be applied toward the cost of another Fit and Healthy Journey’s retreat. You will forfeit 75% of your payment.
Depending on the policy and conditions, travel insurance (mandatory for the Retreat) will pay for some or all cancellation fees. Most agencies require that you purchase travel insurance within 14 days of booking your reservation.
Retreat Cancellation Policy
In the unlikely event we would ever need to reschedule a retreat, you have one year to apply your full retreat payment toward the cost of any Fit and Healthy Journey’s retreat.
What are the accommodations? Can I have a private room?
The retreat is held at a private cottage, which offers 4 double rooms. The beds are oversized single beds, each room has a temperature control thermostat, and luxury linens to ensure restful sleep. No private rooms are available at this time.
Can chef make dishes to serve special diets?
Yes. Our private chef offers a variety of recipes and can accommodate any dietary request. Please let us know your diet requirements at the information session.
Do I need to be fit and healthy to do this Retreat?
Fit and healthy Journeys is all about assisting women to improve their bodies and lives through functional movement, realistic nutrition, and lifestyle changes. We cater to all ages and all fitness levels and you can choose what you want to do. You do not need to be of any fitness level or to be nutritionally savvy to attend our retreat. We provide the initial stepping stones a healthier and happier life.
Can fitness instructors modify workouts and activities for health limitations?
The Retreat Director strives for fitness activities to be safe for all guests. The information session will be a good time for you to ask your questions and let us know of any concerns. We want the retreat to be enjoyable, relaxing, and fun for all guest!
What do I bring?
Pack clothes suitable to the climate and time of year you are traveling. Please ask us at the time of booking to assist you with your wardrobe needs. Exercise clothing and day wear will be needed. A smart casual outfit is suggested for dinners when we go out to dine. Foot wear should include a pair of exercise shoes, walking shoes and slippers. Leave most of your technology at home as we we encourage you to switch off and reconnect with yourself and nature over your retreat. A good camera should be included to capture your amazing holiday moments.
What other expense should I expect?
We will discuss what expenses you will be responsible for at the time of your information session. For example, traveling to and from the retreat you will pay for meals and transportation. Additionally, you will pay optional tour events and meals while on tours.
You must provide a current United State Passport to reserve this retreat. We cannot accept reservations, until completed. You will also need to provide proof of Travel Insurance.